Effective Date: 11/1/2022
BAO, Inc. is a technology company headquartered in Chelmsford, MA, which focuses on providing Appointment Setting and Demand Generation services to the technology industry.
For more information about our services, please refer to our website:
- the use of https://www.baoinc.com/ (“website”)
- social media messages and marketing campaigns and
- the use of our products and services.
- A website visitor
- A prospective client
- A job applicant
2.0 Personal Information We Collect
2.1 Information You Choose to Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide personal information when:
- You use the website to download articles, data sheets, reports, eBooks etc. . .
- You refer a friend to us.
- You connect with us directly via phone calls or video conferencing platforms.
- You participate in a marketing or sales promotion.
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events.
- You register or attend a webinar or other event.
- You participate in programs we may offer from time to time.
- You pay for our services.
If you choose to provide us with a third-party’s personal information (the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you represent that you have the third-party’s permission to do so.
We collect personal information that may include first and last name, business email address, phone number and/or company name.
- Employee names, email addresses and work extension or phone numbers
- Vendor names, email addresses, contractual agreements or other personal data necessary for BAO, Inc. services
- Customer or prospect names and email addresses used to provide BAO, Inc.’s services
As a job applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter.
Further information, including specific obligations of the BAO, Inc., can be found in the Service and/or Data Processing Agreements.
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about your visits to the website when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology.
The information collected includes:
- Access times
- The pages you view
- The links you click on
- The search terms you enter
- Actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- Your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- The URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages.
2.3 Information We May Collect From Third Parties
We may combine the information we collect from your direct interactions with us with information obtained through other third-party sources, such as ZoomInfo or LinkedIn. We also obtain and/or purchase lists from third parties about individuals and companies interested in our products.
The personal information collected includes your name, email address, business address, job title, company name, and telephone number.
3.0 How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Deliver the contracted services.
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats and video conferencing.
- Send communications to you about:
- New application features and upgrades.
- Our services and offerings.
- Event announcements.
- Product notices and changes to our terms and policies.
- Particular programs in which you have chosen to participate.
- Promotional offers and surveys.
- Scheduling demos and managing free trials.
- Advertise and market our products and services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on this website and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites.
- Carry out market research to understand how to improve our services and their delivery.
- Create and manage marketing campaigns.
- Generate sales leads and increase our market share.
- Analyze user clicks and usage of the website to improve user experience and maximize usage of our services.
- Manage our website to maintain and deliver the contracted functionality and services.
- Enforce our website terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you.
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, our business or services.
- Or otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
We do not sell your information to any third party.
4.0 How We Share Personal Information
We use third parties to help us provide our services. They will have access to your information as collected by the website or the application, as reasonably necessary to perform the contracted tasks on our behalf. We sign contractual agreements to obligate them to protect the personal information, only use it to deliver the contracted services to us, prohibit them from selling it and not disclose it without our knowledge and permission.
Service Provider Name
Information Collected by the Service Provider
Analyze web traffic to this web site
Google may collect information including the URL of the page you’re visiting and your IP address. We may also set cookies on your browser or read cookies that are already there. For more information, see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Generate additional interest in the company and to provide insights to our Sales team
Marketo tracking tags enable tracking of web activity of cookied visitors
For more information, see https://www.marketo.com/company/legal/
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, subpoena or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation.
We attempt to notify our clients about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
Change in Control
We can also share your personal data as part of a sale, merger, change in control or in preparation for any of these events.
5.0 How We Secure Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of all of the personal information we collect and use.
We use a variety of physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We have implemented best-practice standards and controls in compliance with internationally recognized security frameworks. We use encryption technologies to protect data at rest and in transit.
6.0 Your Rights
We provide the same suite of services to all of our clients and end users worldwide.
We offer the following rights to all individuals regardless of their location or applicable privacy regulations.
For personal information we have about you, you can:
- Request a copy.
You have the right to obtain information about what personal information we process about you or to obtain a copy of your personal information.
If you have provided personal information to us, you may contact us to obtain an outline of what information we have about you or a copy of the information.
- You have the right to be notified of what personal information we collect about you and how we use it, disclose it and protect it.
- Change or correct your personal information.
You have the right to update or correct your personal information or ask us to do it on your behalf. You can ask us to change or correct it by contacting us at (978) 763-7500.
- Delete or erase your personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information at any time. We will communicate back to you within reasonable timelines the result of your request. We may not be able to delete or erase your personal information, but we will inform you of these reasons and any further actions available to you.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
You may have the right to ask us to limit the way that we use your personal information.
- Export your personal data.
You have the right to request that we export to you in a machine-readable format all of the personal information we have about you.
We do not process personal information through the use of automated means.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at (978) 763-7500.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local organizations in charge of enforcing the privacy legislation applicable in your territory.
7.0 How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the services to you and our clients, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
We may also retain information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data. This information may provide insights that are commercially valuable to BAO, Inc., such as statistics of the use of the services.
8.0 Other Important Information
We process data in locations Massachusetts and New Hampshire and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, such as contracts incorporating data protection and sharing obligations. We provide the capability for the return, transfer and/or disposal of personal data in a secure manner.
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a lawful reason for its collection.
When you visit our website and provide us with your personal information, we collect and use it with your consent.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at (978) 763-7500.
How to select your communications preferences
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us. Please click the “Unsubscribe” link in the email we sent you to stop receiving marketing communications.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding security and privacy issues, servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate.
9.0 Contact Information
You may contact us to exercise any of your rights or ask for more information about your personal information and our privacy practices by contacting us at (978) 763-7322.