BAO Trend Report: Inside Sales
However, despite its importance, it’s also a role that’s greatly underappreciated and often misunderstood.
According to Kerry Cunningham, Sr. Research Director, Demand Creation Strategies at SiriusDecisions, “Inside sales is a critical function in any B2B business, but most organizations don’t believe that these teams are optimized or that activity levels are where they could be.”
BAO conducted a market research study of more than 100 inside sales leaders at high tech companies to better understand their team’s roles and responsibilities in the organization’s go-to-market strategy. A few key trends we uncovered:
- 63% of teams report that cold calling is one of their primary responsibilities.
- However 55%, of inside teams make fewer than 40 phone calls a day.
- 48% of respondents indicate that their organization offers 2-3 weeks of training for new reps.
- 57% of respondents indicated that reaching leads was a top challenge.
The BAO Inside Sales Trend Report presents the complete findings of the study, including:
- Trends around team structure, processes and compensation models being utilized by the most successful inside teams.
- The best practices for hiring ISRs as well as the training and tools commonly utilized for onboarding.
- Insights around key inside sales metrics like sales rep to manager ratios, average quota attainment and average number of phone calls made each day.
- The biggest challenges facing teams and where inside sales leaders are looking to invest in the coming months.
Speak with a pipeline expert to build a program that meets your needs.